The Academy views homework as tasks which are completed by children outside of curriculum time which consolidate, extend or enrich their current learning.
Aims and Objectives
- To ensure that parents are clear about what their child is expected to do
- To ensure consistency of approach throughout the Academy
- To provide learning opportunities beyond the classroom
- To provide opportunities for parents, children and the Academy to work together in partnership in relation to children’s learning
- To practise and consolidate basic skills, especially in English and Mathematics
- To raise the standards of attainment
- To encourage children to develop the enthusiasm, responsibility, confidence and self-discipline needed for independent study
Academy offers a homework club, after school between 3:30pm and 4:15pm, on a Wednesday for KS1 and a Thursday for KS2. The club will be run by a member of school staff and will support the children to complete the homework tasks that have been set each week. Children who frequently fail to complete homework tasks or who do not have access to the internet and / or suitable device at home may be invited to join the homework club.